During the month of March, Rosedale is excited to share several special events and movie nights!
Beginning on Monday, March 3 and ending on Saturday, March 22, we will have a special Women's History Month interactive display, in which thematic books and signage will be displayed with facts, trivia quizzes and activity pages. Students may be able to win a book prize for participating!
- Thursday, March 6 any time after 4:30 p.m.: Pop-Up Game Night for ‘Tweens - Spontaneous (board/card/group) games will take place whenever a group of 6 or more ‘Tweens have congregated. (For ages 8 to 13)
- Saturday, March 8 at 2 p.m.: Dr. Seuss Saturday! - To begin our celebration of Theodor Giesel (Dr. Seuss)’s birthday, children can enjoy a Seuss-themed story time. Then they can watch the movie based on The Lorax and create their own small Lorax with recycled items. There will also be Seuss-themed coloring pages to take home.
- Tuesday, March 11 at 4:30 p.m.: Movie Night - Continue celebrating Dr. Seuss with a 40-minute educational video of natural science adventures with Cat in the Hat and his friends!
- Tuesday, March 18 at 4:30 p.m.: Movie Night - Celebrate one last evening of Dr. Seuss with three short films about some of his classic stories. Children can take home coloring pages afterwards.
- Thursday, March 20 at 4 p.m.: "Spring Has Sprung!" - We will welcome Spring with a special thematic story time and activities.
- Saturday, March 22 at 11 a.m.: Family Story Time Stories - Stories, songs and poems for families with children ages 7 and younger.
- Tuesday, March 25 at 4:30 p.m.: Reel Reading Movie Night - Join Rosedale's Reel Reading Book Club! Kids read a book and then on the last Tuesday of each month they watch the movie that the book inspired, or the movie that inspired the book. Kids can enjoy a brief group discussion as well! March's book is E.B. White's Charlotte's Web, which spawned a movie by the same name.
- Saturday, March 29 at 11 a.m.: “A Family’s Folk Tale” - Mother-Daughter co-authors, Dawn and Dellaphine Chitty, will read their trickster tale, Bruh Beaver Bruh Rabbit and the Man in the Moon, with a discussion to follow. Copies of the book will be available for purchase from the authors.