They always say the book is better than the movie. Check out the Read the Book First! Book Club & Film Series to decide once and for all if "they" are always right or not!
For the Book Club portion of this program, we'll be reading and discussing the following books:
- June 12: Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx
- July 10: The Third Man by Graham Greene
- August 14: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
- September 11: An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde
- October 9: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
Each Book Club discussion will be followed by a screening of the film adaptation the next Monday evening.
Whether you've already read the book or seen the movie, come down to room 207 of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library for a lively discussion of the Book Club's pick of the month.
Don't have time to read the whole book? Aim to read whatever you can of the month's pick and join us!
Contact Sarah Arnold at email@example.com or Shawn McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.