The Digital Commons is located on the first floor of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library. While it houses more than 70 computers, the Digital Commons is not just a computer lab: It offers computers loaded with software like the Adobe Creative Suite; access to tools like a 3-D printer and an Espresso book machine; and enhanced meeting rooms and gathering spaces aimed at encouraging creation and innovation.
The Digital Commons meeting rooms are spaces that can be reserved through our online reservation system. The larger Dream Lab collaborative space can be reserved by members. For more details on becoming a member, read our Co-working Space Policy and Procedures. You can also access the Dream Lab application.
You can use the Digital Commons to:
- Meet with other independent workers for coworking
- Test drive tablets and e-readers before you buy ...
- ... And learn how to use your new tool once you have it
- Work with a librarian to publish an out-of-print (or your own) novel
- Have conversations with others at the Skype station
- Organize a meeting to brainstorm ideas
- Other ideas we haven't thought of yet
Want to know more about the lab or a particular feature? Find out more by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 202-727-0321 during regular business hours.