Two Ways to Give to the Library
Find out more about the Literati
Find out more about the Ex Libris Society
Love your library but unsure how to show it?
Interested in giving back in a way that can also give back to you?
Join the Literati, a great way to support the wonderful Library programs and services you enjoy without breaking the bank.
For $50 or $100 -- the price of a fun night out -- you can get a year's membership into the Literati, which includes:
- Exclusive invitation to quarterly Literati happy hours and other events, like Book Signing and Happy Hour with Philip Greene, author of To Have and Have Another: A Hemingway Cocktail Companion.
- Invites to select literary engagements at DC Public Library.
- Subscription to "Lit Picks," a monthly members-only feature that offers an insiders' look into the literary tidbits our librarians and library staff are reading, liking and sharing on the Web. With reading recs like:
My 6,128 Favorite Books: Joe Queenan on how a harmless juvenile pastime turned into a lifelong personality disorder.
"Six thousand books is a lot of reading, true, but the trash like "Hell's Belles" and "Kid Colt and the Legend of the Lost Arroyo" and even "Part-Time Harlot, Full-Time Tramp" that I devoured during my misspent teens really puff up the numbers. And in any case, it is nowhere near a record. Winston Churchill supposedly read a book every day of his life, even while he was saving Western Civilization from the Nazis. This is quite an accomplishment, because by some accounts Winston Churchill spent all of World War II completely hammered."
And from our gift guide:
Okay, we can't help but have one book pick, albeit an unusual one. Try these tiny paperback books from Scout Books, with some of your favorite classic stories, accompanied by amazing illustrations. It's a perfectly pocket-sized read! Check out this "Tales of Terror" three-pack, with three stories by Edgar Allan Poe.
Interested? You have two options:
- Join online. Or ...
- If you enjoy the feel of putting stamp to paper and the contemplative trip to the mail box, print out our application and send it to us via snail mail.
The Ex Libris Society is a unique opportunity for personal engagement in the life and work of the Library. Through their annual gifts, Ex Libris Society members partner with the Foundation to help ensure that the Library remains a center of knowledge and opportunity for generations to come.
Benefits of Ex Libris Society membership include:
- Recognition that includes listing on the Foundation’s Annual Report
- Invitations to exclusive events and author receptions
- Priority reserved seating for public literary events at the DC Public Library
- Subscription to “Beyond Words,” the DC Public Library e-newsletter
Join by giving online or by downloading our Ex Libris Society brochure and mailing in the donation panel.
Annual Membership Levels:
Scriptor – $10,000
Curator – $5,000
Bibliophile – $1,200 (or $100 per month)