The Digital Commons is located on the first floor of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library. While it houses more than 70 computers, the Digital Commons is not just a computer lab: It offers computers loaded with software like the Adobe Creative Suite; access to tools like an Espresso book machine; and enhanced meeting rooms and gathering spaces aimed at encouraging creation and innovation.
The Digital Commons meeting rooms are spaces that can be reserved through our online reservation system. The larger Dream Lab collaborative space can be reserved by members.
For more details on becoming a member, read our Co-working Space Policy and Procedures. We are not accepting new Dream Lab applications at this time. The Dream Lab will relaunch in a few months.
You can use the Digital Commons to:
- Meet with other independent workers for co-working
- Learn how to use your tablet and e-reader
- Work with a librarian to self-publish your own novel
- Have conversations with others at the Skype station
- Organize a meeting to brainstorm ideas
- Other ideas we haven't thought of yet