The Mt. Pleasant Interim Library, located at 3162 Mount Pleasant St. NW, will close Saturday, August 18. The renovated and expanded Mt. Pleasant Library at 3160 16th St. NW will open Wednesday, September 12.
The Mt. Pleasant Library is 22,000 square feet and features:
- More than 40,000 books, DVDs and other items with space to hold up to 80,000
- Separate reading areas for adults, teens and children
- Public access computers and free Wi-Fi Internet access
- Comfortable seating for 200 customers
- A large program room for up to 100 people and two 12-person conference rooms
- Quiet study rooms for up to two people
During the move, Library customers can return books to any DC Public Library. Holds can be picked up from the Watha T. Daniel/Shaw Library, located at 1630 7th St. NW.