Tenley-Friendship Interim Library Closing
Published on Tuesday, December 7, 2010 - 12:55pm
The Tenley-Friendship Interim Library, located at 4200 Wisconsin Ave. N.W. will close Thursday, December 30 at 5:30 p.m. Library services will resume on Monday, January 24, 2011 at the new Tenley-Friendship Neighborhood Library, located at 4450 Wisconsin Ave. N.W.
The new two-story, 22,000 square foot library will feature:
- 40,000 books, DVDs, CDs and other library materials
- Separate reading areas for adults, teens and children
- 32 Mac computers, free Wi-Fi Internet access and a mobile laptop cart with 20 computers
- Comfortable seating for 200 customers
- A large program room for up to 100 people and two 12-person conference rooms
During the transition to the new location, library users can return or renew books checked out at any other DC Public Library location or online at dclibrary.org. Holds may be picked up at the Cleveland Park Neighborhood Library located at 3310 Connecticut Ave. N.W.