A Christmas Medley
Published on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:19am
Actors from the Georgetown Theatre Company will present readings of favorite holiday poems, stories and fables at the Georgetown Library next Tuesday, December 21, at 7:30 p.m.
This free program is intended for all ages, though it might not appeal to very young children.
Selections read will be chosen from the following beloved standards:
- "A Christmas Alphabet "
- "Christmas Closes a Gulf" by Moss Hart
- "Heaven Cannot Hold Him" by Christina Rossetti
- "New Relations and Duties" by Frederick Douglass
- "Francie Nolan's Christmas Tree" (from A Tree Grows in Brooklyn) by Elizabeth Smith
- "A Large Christmas" by Lillian Smith
- "The Ballade of Befana" by Phyllis McGinley
- "The Carol of the Brown King" by Langston Hughs
- "Christmas Morning" by Frank O'Connor
- "The Holy Night" by Selma Lagerlof
- "The Night Before Christmas" by Clement Moore
- "Yes, Virgina, There Is a Santa Claus"