Marvelous Movie Mondays
Published on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:09am
Who needs to be reminded of the grim realities of life when it's freezing outside? That's why we have mostly cheer-inducing films for mature adults lined up for our Monday afternoon movie series from now through the end of winter. Come join us at 2 p.m. on these Mondays:
- Dec. 27: Love Me If You Dare - Rated R, 93 minutes, France, 2003
- Jan. 3: Valentin - Rated PG, 86 mins., Argentina, 2002
- Jan. 10: Mambo Italiano - Rated R, 89 mins., Canada, 2003
- Jan. 24: Goodbye Solo - Rated PG, USA, 91 mins., 2008
- Jan. 31: The Dinner Game - Rated PG, 80 mins., France, 1998
- Feb. 7: Like Stars on Earth - Rated PG, 165 mins., India, 2007
- Feb. 14: Bread and Tulips - Rated PG-13, 114 mins., Italy, 2000
- Feb. 28: The Closet - Rated R, 84 mins., France, 2001
- March 7: Enchanted April - Rated R, 95 mins., UK, 1992
- March 14: I Do - 89 mins., France 2006
All films in this series are shown with English subtitles, even when the film is in English, so that persons with hearing impairments can enjoy the movie. A discussion follows each movie for those who would like to learn more about the movie or share their thoughts on it.
Note also that most films are relatively short (under 2 hours) so that you can be sure to get home before dark on these short winter days.