Teen Space @ MLK
The library has an amazing Teen Space at MLK Library. The 2,500-square-foot space is designed specifically for teens, ages 13 to 19.
Teen Space is in room 208 on the second floor of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, 901 G Street NW.
Check out upcoming events in Teen Space.
For more information, call 202-727-5535.
Teen Space features:
- Homework help
- 20 Mac computers
- 40” flat screen TV and gaming system
- Quiet study room for small group study
- 5,000 books and audiobooks
- Comfortable seating
- Reference materials
- Vending machine with beverages
- Lockers for backpacks
- Recording Studio - DC Youth Production Lounge
At DC(Y)PL, you can:
- Record music and edit video during Studio Sessions.
- Take workshops on songwriting, music production, spoken word and film editing.
- Bring your youth group in to use the space.
Here’s what we have in DC(Y)PL:
- Mac tower and dual-screen desktop
- Music Software: ProTools, LogicPro, GarageBand, Soundtrack Pro
- Video Software: FinalCut Pro, iMovie, Motion, and Color
- Flip Video Cameras available for in-library use
- Sound-proof studio and separate lounge
- DigiTech3 soundboard
- Midi Keyboard
- Studio Mic and 2 mic plug-ins for extra voices
Interested in reserving studio time in DC(Y)PL? Studio Sessions can be reserved for DC Public Library card holders between the ages of 13-19 or community organizations serving youth. Teens and educators must attend training before using the studio.
Other resources for Teens