Free Tax Assistance
Published on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 11:25am
We are pleased to announce free tax return preparation at Northwest One Library. Meet with an IRS-certified counselor Fridays between 10am and 2pm. The program starts February 11th and continues through April.
This service is made possible through a partnership with the AARP's Tax-Aide Program. Tax return assistance is free, confidential, and available to all middle and low income taxpayers - especially those ages 60 and over.
Please bring as many of the following as possible to the library with you:
- 2009 Federal and State tax returns
- If you own your own home, a copy of your real estate tax bills which were paid during 2010
- Copies of all W-2s, 1099 forms, and proof of other income received by you and your spouse
- Social Security cards or individual identication (ITIN) cards or ITIN letters for you, your spouse, and any others shown on the tax return
- Valid photo I.D.
- Voided blank check for direct deposit refund
For more information visit www.aarp.org/taxaide or call 1-888-227-7669.