Doggie Diaries: Adventures at the Library
Published on Thursday, April 7, 2011 - 7:40pm
|From Happy’s Diary: Tuesday, April 5, 201|
Big H night at the library turned out to be “Happy Hour.” You see, my PAL mates, Honey and Harpo were supposed to attend as Guest Dogs of Honor with me. All of our names begin with the letter H; Honey, Harpo, and Happy. Unfortunately, Honey was sick and had to go to the vet, and Harpo had a mishap (as only Harpo can do!), so that left me – Happy. It was kind of nice to be the center of attention.
Miss Julie read The Doghouse by Jan Thomas with great expression. And then the children made doggie doghouses to take home. They looked super-cool. I’ll round up the Hs so that we can duplicate the craft on our own. I have already gathered the supplies:
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 6 Smaller wooden sticks
- 1 Pair of eyeballs
- Black masking tape
- Black marker
- Small scrap of black felt
- Small scrap of brown felt
- Red paint
- Liquid glue
And it’s simple to assemble. All you do is:
- Glue the long, flat edges of each popsicle stick to the next (to form a flat wooden structure).
- Let it dry.
- Paint the surface. (Note: Red is a fun and festive choice!)
- Let it dry.
- Cut a flat bottomed oval out of the black felt to make a door opening.
- Glue the door opening in place on the doghouse.
- Place the eyeballs in the center of the door opening.
- Glue the smaller wooden sticks to the roof of the house.
- Decorate the roof with bits of black masking tape to give the effect of roof tiles.
- Cut out a small rectangle of brown felt.
- Write the dog’s name on the brown felt.
- Glue the dog’s name over the door.
- Enjoy doggie doghouse craft.
Oh, I almost forgot! I have some wonderful news to tell you! I have a brand new baby kitten in my house. His name is Frankie, and I love him very much. Frankie loves jokes almost as much as I do. Here are a few new kitty jokes I just found to share with him in Kitty Riddles by Katy Hall.
What do you call a kitty with a can of tuna?
What do you get if you cross a cat with a laughing hyena?
A giggle puss!
What do kitties like to put on their mouse-burgers?
Ha. Ha. Ha.
Smiles from a happy dog!