Book Review Essay Contest
Back by popular demand! Write a one-page review telling us which book you think is the must-read book of the summer for teens, and you might win one of four laptops! Bring your review to your neighborhood library by August 23 to enter. Your neighborhood librarian can even help you edit your review.
One book review per teen. Please submit only your best work. A book review is slightly different from book reports you may have done for school. Instead of a summary of the book, your review should persuade someone to read the book. You will be judged on expressiveness. Reviews should be about one page in length and may be typed or hand written.
Be sure to include
- Title and author of the book
- Your name and contact info (email or phone number)
- Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
Questions to think about
- Why should someone read this book?
- What did you like about the characters?
- Could you relate to the characters in some way?
- Did this book teach you an important life lesson?
Get writing and good luck!