Doggie Diaries: Adventures at the Library
Published on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 8:31pm
|From Pablo's Diary Tuesday, May 31, 2011|
It is a good thing I always have my listening ears on. Especially tonight! I was the only PAL dog at the library. And, boy oh boy, did I listen! I heard Hip Hop Dog by Christopher Raschka. It was a wild topsy-turvy read. Pizza for Sam by Mary Labatt made me a spot hungry. Spot at Home by Eric Hill is always a treat. And Please, Puppy, Please by Spike Lee had a great rhythm. I bopped my head along happily to the beat.
Miss Julie’s books are usually my favorites. Tonight she read The Dog Who Cried Wolf by Keiko Kasza. I got all excited whenever she howled like Moka in the story. From that book, she got the idea to make the night’s craft project. Here’s how to make the "I’m a Wolf. I’m a Dog Craft."
- 1 toilet paper tube
- 1 image of a doggie
- 1 image of a wolf
- 2 popsicle sticks
- 1 pair of sticker eyeballs
- 1 pair of scissors
- Some strips of masking tape
- Color the doggie image, and cut it out.
- Stick on the eyeballs.
- Tape two popsicle sticks to the back of the doggie with the masking tape. (Note: This helps to support the doggie and to give you something to hold.) Set doggie aside.
- Color the wolf image, and cut it out.
- Wrap the wolf around the toilet paper tube, and tape his tail with a loop of masking tape.
- Slide the doggie inside the tube (from the bottom) and make him pop up.
- Say, “I’m a dog!” (pop dog up); say “I’m wolf!” (pop dog down).
- Enjoy your project.
Well, it has been a super hot day in D.C. I am ready for my final back scratch before bed. It’s the best part of the day!
Read Pablo’s November 10, 2010 Diary
Read Pablo’s December 1, 2010 Diary
Read Pablo’s December 22, 2010 Diary
Read Pablo’s January 29, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s March 1, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s March 29, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s April 12, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo's May 24, 2011 Diary