Camping 101: An Introduction
Learn the basics of camping at the Shepherd Park Library. You will learn:
- How to set up a tent
- The best way to build a fire
- How to pack your backpack
- "Leave no trace pointers"
This program takes place on Wednesday, July 27, at 3 p.m. in the activity room.
This hands-on class will be led by C. Love. She:
- has worked as a YMCA Youth wilderness camp instructor for three years;
- worked for FLOC Outdoors as a wilderness youth instructor for four years;
- is a member of the AEE (association for experiential education);
- is certified in wilderness first aid; and
- leads team building, hiking and canoeing expeditions for students and private groups (by request only).