A Walk in the Parks
We recently received The National Parks: America's Best Idea by Dayton Duncan and Ken Burns. This book, which is a companion to the PBS special, is absolutely breathtaking! You'll be mesmerized by the history, drama and nature within the pages.
Right now, my favorite photo is of Delicate Arch in Arches National Park in Utah. But there are so many fantastic photographs from which to choose.
While you're reading about one of our magnificent national treasures, why not take a walk in the parks. Go to U.S. National Park Service to find a location to visit. Rock Creek Park is right around the corner from Petworth!
And, if you love The National Parks: America's Best Idea (#333.783 D911), you may also want to read or watch:
- Easy Hikes Close to Home, Washington, D.C. by Paul Elliott. #917.5304 E46E
- Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants by Bradford Angier. #581.632 A588F2
- A Field Guide to Your Own Back Yard by John Hanson Mitchell. #577.5609 M6818
- The National Parks: America's Best Idea. #DVD 973 N277. 6 Discs.
- National Wildlife Federation Field Guide to Trees of North America by Bruce Kershner. #582.1609 N277
- Smithsonian Field Guide to the Birds of North America by Ted Floyd. #598.097 F645