DC Public Library Accommodation Statement
The DC Public Library encourages persons with disabilities to participate in our programs, services and Board of Trustees meetings. If you have questions about physical access, need handouts in alternate format, require assistive listening devices, require American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation or other reasonable accommodation to participate, please contact Venetia V. Demson, Chief, Adaptive Services, by e-mail: email@example.com or telephone: 202-727-2142, or Janice Rosen by videophone: 202-559-5368; Monday –Tuesday, noon to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please request accommodation as early as possible, but at least seven days in advance of the meeting, so that proper arrangements may be made. If you have requested ASL interpretation or other accommodation, and find you cannot attend, please contact us promptly to cancel your request.
To report access concerns at DC Public Library locations, download the ADA Assistance Form. Please complete the form and submit by attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in hard copy to your local DC Public Library location.
- D.C. Office of Disability Rights
- University Legal Services Protection and Advocacy Program for D.C.
- Mid-Atlantic ADA Center DB-TAC
- U.S. Department of Justice Americans with Disabilities Act Home Page
- D.C. Department on Disability Services
- D.C. Rehabilitation Services Administration
- Disability Resource List
- ARC of DC, serving persons with intellectual disabilities