Doggie Diaries: Adventures at the Library
Published on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 8:56am
|From Ella's Diary: Tuesday, November 15, 2011|
My housemate is reading How to Speak Dog by Stanley Coren. She is dedicated to better understanding moi. I might delicately suggest that she be on the lookout for something titled “How to Speak Ellanese.” After all, I have my own unique way of communicating. In the meantime, some handy phrases for her to learn are:
- Please make an appointment with the groomer. My hair is way too puffy.
- Please fluff and smooth my bed covers. Wrinkles are so undignified.
- Please bring me to the library. I need to check out the latest fashion magazines.
Miss Julie speaks Ellanese quite well. She knew that I was thoroughly enjoying hearing stories tonight. And I heard a lot of them! Just Like Heaven by Patrick McDonnell, Rrralph by Lois Ehlert, The Berenstain Bears' New Pup by Stan Berenstain, If You Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Joffe Numeroff and many more!
In between reading to moi and the other PAL dogs, les enfants made Thanksgiving cards that said, «Thankful for our four-legged friends.» Très jolie! Make one if you’d like.
Doggie Thanksgiving Cards
• 1 sheet of construction paper (Note: Autumn colors are best.)
• Some markers or colored pencils
• 1 small piece of brown tissue paper
• 1 image of a doggie
• 1 pair of scissors
• 1 glue stick
• Fall leaves and other items to decorate
- Fold the construction paper in half (hot dog style) and then in half again (hamburger style).
- Cut the paper in half. (Note: 1 sheet makes two cards.)
- Trace the doggie image on the front of the card, and then cut it out.
- Glue the piece of tissue paper behind the doggie window to create a stained glass effect.
- Decorate the card with fall leaves and other items.
- Write a message of thanks inside the card. (Note: Miss Julie wrote, “Thankful for our four-legged friends” and “Thankful for good friends” in hers.)
- Give your Thanksgiving cards to someone who you’d like to make smile.
Au revoir mes amis!
Read Ella’s September 22, 2010 Diary
Read Ella’s November 10, 2010 Diary
Read Ella’s December 8, 2010 Diary
Read Ella’s March 8, 2011 Diary
Read Ella’s April 26, 2011 Diary
Read Ella’s June 14, 2011 Diary
Read Ella’s July 19, 2011 Diary
Read Ella’s September 13, 2011 Diary
Read Ella’s October 25, 2011 Diary