Doggie Diaries: Adventures at the Library
Published on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 7:28am
|From Pablo's Diary: Tuesday, November 29, 2011|
Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's… Oh, what fun! Grandpa (accidentally-on-purpose) let a bit of turkey slip off his plate and land in my mouth. Yummy! And Grandma made a special serving of gravy just for me. I am a lucky dog!
And just when one holiday ends, another seems to begin! At the library we read Claude the Dog: A Christmas Story by Dick Gackenbach. It was a very sweet story about a dog named Claude who generously shared all his Christmas gifts with his pal Bummer who didn’t have a home or special treats. It was very touching.
I was so touched by the story that I have decided to make lots and lots of pet stockings like the kids made at the library tonight and fill them with treats for doggies without homes. I bet the doggies at The Washington Animal Rescue League will bark for joy! I had better get started right away, only 25 more days until Christmas...! If you’d like to make one, too, here is what you need and what you do:
Pet Stocking Craft
- 1 felt square (holiday red or green color)
- ¼ piece of felt square (white)
- 1 small scrap of brown felt
- 1 piece of yarn (holiday red or green) approximately 2’ long
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 hole puncher
- Liquid glue
- Glitter glue
- Fold the red/green felt square in half.
- Cut out a paw shape. (Note: Now there will be two paw shapes, a front and a back.)
- Punch approximately 15 holes around the sides and bottom of the paw stocking. (Note: It is difficult to go through two pieces of felt at once, so punch the top one, and then line up the bottom and punch again.)
- Thread the yarn in and out of the holes to secure the front and back of the paw stocking.
- Cut out a paw pad from the white felt, and glue on the stocking.
- Cut out a bone shape from the brown felt, and glue it on the stocking.
- Cut out a white strip of felt, and glue it on the top of the stocking.
- Use the glitter glue to write your pet’s name and/or to decorate the stocking.
- Fill the stocking with treats for your favorite furry friend.
Santy Pablo, PAL dog extraordinaire
Read Pablo’s November 10, 2010 Diary
Read Pablo’s December 1, 2010 Diary
Read Pablo’s December 22, 2010 Diary
Read Pablo’s January 12, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s March 1, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s March 29, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s April 12, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s May 24, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s May 31, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s June 14, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s September 13, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s September 27, 2011 Diary
Read Pablo’s November 1, 2011 Diary