Doggie Diaries: Adventures at the Library
Published on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 4:07pm
|From Happy's Diary: Tuesday, December 13, 2011|
Hot-diggity! I love holidays. They make me happy, happy, happy! ‘Tis the season to be jolly. And jolly was I was at the library tonight. I was frisky, frolicsome, and bubbly… a whole lotta jolly!
I danced, I pranced. I listened to stories. I bonded with my PAL bro Teddy. We swapped jokes. This was my favorite one:
Question: What’s the difference between Father Christmas and a warm dog?
Answer: Father Christmas wears a whole suit; a dog just pants.
In between stories (If You Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Joffe Numeroff and Ho, Ho, Ho Tucker! by Leslie McGuirk were my favorites!), I bopped my head along to the catchy Jingle Bones song. Here’s how to make a jingle bone and the lyrics if you’d like to jingle and bop along too!
Jingle Bones Doggie Craft
- 2 spongy balls
- Small dish of brown paint
- Paint brush
- 1 toilet paper tube
- Colorful selection of masking tape
- 12” of brown yarn or string
- 12” of green, red, and white yarn
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 paper puncher tool
- 4 small decorative bells
- Punch two holes approximately ½” apart on each ball.
- Weave the brown yarn through the holes in one ball, and then pass the yarn through the paper tube.
- Insert two bells in the tube.
- Weave the ends of the brown yarn through the second ball, and tie off to secure. (Note: Both balls should fit snuggly and securely at either end of the tube.)
- Secure the ball ends with masking tapes, placing a strip or two at the base.
- Paint the whole jingle bone brown and let dry.
- Decorate with festive masking tape.
- Braid holiday colored yarn with a jingle bell attached to the end, and tie on the end.
- Have fun singing the Jingle Bones song over and over.
Oh, jingle bones, jingle bones
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to bark
In a one-horse open sleigh
Dreaming happy dreams and wishing you a happy, happy new year,
Read Happy’s September 15, 2010 Diary
Read Happy’s November 17, 2010 Diary
Read Happy’s December 15, 2010 Diary
Read Happy’s January 19, 2011 Diary
Read Happy’s April 5, 2011 Diary
Read Happy’s May 10, 2011 Diary
Read Happy’s September 13, 2011 Diary
Read Happy’s November 22, 2011 Diary