Doggie Diaries: Adventures at the Library
Published on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 3:01pm
|From Freddie’s Diary: Tuesday, December 27, 2011|
I am the favorite Granddog. I get lavish amounts of love, attention, and treats when I visit my grandparents. It’s heaven. Over Hanukkah they pampered and indulged me. Holidays are awesome.
The next holiday is New Year. Oh, yeah. Good-bye 2011. Hello 2012. While some children read to me (Note: Annie’s Chair by Deborah Niland was my favorite!), others made doggies waving bye-bye to the old year and hello to the New Year. I am going to make one at home, and I’ll make my doggie wearing a PAL vest. You can make yours however you’d like. This is how to start:
Doggies Waving Bye-Bye Craft
- 1 image of a doggie (minus tail)
- 1 image of a doggie tail
- 1 piece of card stock/poster board 6”x6”
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 glue stick
- 1 pair of sticker eyeballs
- 1 brad fastener
- 1 paper puncher
- 1 wooden tongue depressor
- Masking tape (colorful color recommended)
- Color the doggie and tail images.
- Glue the images to the card stock.
- Cut out the images.
- Unpeel sticker eyes, and add to image.
- Use masking tape to attach tongue depressor to the doggie image.
- Punch a hole through the doggie’s behind and through the tail.
- Insert the brad fastener through the hole, and pull back arms to secure.
- Wave doggie tail bye-bye.
- Enjoy your doggie craft, or give it to someone to enjoy.
Read Freddie’s July 26, 2011 Diary
Read Freddie’s August 2, 2011 Diary
Read Freddie’s September 6, 2011 diary
Read Freddie’s September 20, 2011 Diary
Read Freddie’s October 4, 2011 Diary
Read Freddie’s October 11, 2011 Diary
Read Freddie’s October 25, 2011 Diary
Read Freddie’s November 8, 2011 Diary