Free Tax Return Prep Begins Feb. 10
Published on Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 3:30pm
Northwest One Library is happy to announce free tax return preparation Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. beginning Feb. 10 and continuing until April 13. All middle- and low-income taxpayers are invited to take advantage of free, first-come, first-served tax preparation by IRS-certified tax preparers.
Update: There will be no tax return preparation on Friday, March 16 at Northwest One Library. View alternative sites.
To ensure an accurate filing, please bring any of the following that apply to you:
- Valid photo identification.
- Your 2010 federal and state tax returns.
- Copies of all 2011 W-2s, 1099s, and any other proof of income for you and/or your spouse.
- Copy of your real estate tax bill for 2011 if you are a homeowner.
- Social Security cards or ITIN cards or letters for you and/or your spouse and any others on your return.
- Voided blank check for direct deposit of your refund.
This service is available at many libraries during tax season through a partnership with the AARP's Tax-Aide Program.