Celebrate Anti-Boredom Month
Published on Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 8:38am
To celebrate Anti-Boredom Month this July, the Petworth Library created a display featuring all of the “hidden treasures” in our collection. These are the items that most people don't even know we have!
Come in and check out a book about fitness, a cooking DVD, an audiobook that will teach you a foreign language, a book about card games (and how to win!), or an instructional guide on crafting.
Here’s a taste of what we have for you:
- A cookbook about making artisan pasta in your home kitchen
- A guide for fixing and modifying your bicycle to fit a city lifestyle
- An instructional DVD about Belly Dancing
- A DIY manual for creating and crafting your own soft toys
- A D.C. guidebook featuring the best activities and sites for kids
We are constantly putting out new items and refreshing our display; so come by, get a library card, and find something to help cure those long summer days!