Secondary Transition Fair
Please join us for the 4th Annual Moving Forward Together Secondary Transition Community Fair and Forum at Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, 901 G St. NW. The DC Community is coming together to support youth and young adults with disabilities transitioning into employment, education, and independence.
Register here: http://www.dctransition.org/events/event.cfm?eventID=119
Youth Transition Fair
Friday, Nov. 2, 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Local schools serving DC students - DCPS, charter, non-public - are invited to bring their students.
- Career Exploration Learning Stations
- Interactive demonstrations & activities
- Motivational Speaker: LeDerick Horne, poet, disability advocate and entrepreneur
Transition Community Forum
Saturday, November 3, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
DC youth and young adults with disabilities, parents/caregivers, educators, employers, community organizations, government representatives, and community members are invited.
- Workshops for parents, educators, employers, community providers.
- Computer Programming for kids
- Local resources in employment, education, independent living, and more.
- Success stories and community building.
- Interactive youth program with LeDerick Horne