Get LinkedIn: How to Get Connected with LinkedIn - Part 1
Want to know more about LinkedIn?
Millions of people are using LinkedIn to stay connected with their professional networks. If you're not sure what LinkedIn is, this workshop is for you. No social media experience required. This workshop (Get LinkedIn - Part 1) is required in order to participate in the Part 2 workshop (Leveraging the Power of LinkedIn), scheduled on Tuesday, Nov. 20.
Instructor: R. Foster (see brief description of credentials below)
Computer Lab, Room 311
We'll start from the beginning and discuss:
- What LinkedIn is and why you should use it;
- How to create a great personal profile;
- How you can use it to build the relationships that are key to your success;
- Tips and techniques for LinkedIn best practices; and
- LinkedIn tools and applications.
At the end of this two-hour workshop you will be able to:
- Update and manage your LinkedIn profile;
- Connect with your colleagues, prospects and recruiters;
- Use LinkedIn tools and applications; and
- Add LinkedIn to your social media portfolio.
- Basic computer navigational skills and Internet knowledge are required.
- Optional: Please bring your photo and resume on a USB flash drive.
This workshop is presented by Romona Foster, a well-trained administrative and technical consultant and computer trainer. She teaches email and social media marketing, as well as beginner, intermediate and advanced computer classes. As a consultant, Romona provides administrative support services, software training, administrative support training and remote technical support to small and home-based businesses, consultants and administrative professionals.