Leveraging the Power of LinkedIn - Part 2
Get noticed. Grow your network. Create your online brand. Build Your LinkedIn Presence and Build Your Business!
Learn to maximize your use of the advanced features of this extremely powerful networking platform, which enables you to leverage the power of your connections to get sales, form partnerships and search for jobs. You must have a LinkedIn account and must have attended Part 1 - Get LinkedIn on Tuesday, Nov. 13. To maximize your participation in class, please bring your résumé and a photo saved to a USB flash drive.
Instructor: R. Foster (see brief description of credentials below)
Computer Lab, Room 311
Features covered will include:
- Profile: Upload your resume; get, accept, and make recommendations;
- Connections: Import and manage your contacts;
- Inbox: Initiate and accept email and invitations;
- Groups: Join and participate in groups;
- Companies: Search for and follow companies in your industry;
- Settings: Change your privacy settings;
- Jobs: Perform a job search;
- Answers: Ask questions, find answers and answer questions; and
- LinkedIn Tools and Applications: Events, Twitter, polls, presentations and links to your blog.
At the end of this three-hour workshop you will be able to:
- Update and manage your LinkedIn profile using advanced features;
- Manage your connections;
- Contact and respond to your personal and group connections;
- Join in group discussions and create your own groups;
- Control your privacy and manage your settings;
- Perform a basic job search;
- Position yourself as an expert in your field and increase visibility by answering and asking questions;
- Use advanced LinkedIn tools and applications; and
- Complete your profile between 85 percent and 100 percent.
- Attendance at Get LinkedIn Part 1: How to Get Connected.
- Basic computer skills -- navigation and Internet knowledge are required.
Please bring your photo and résumé on a USB flash drive.
This workshop is presented by Romona Foster, a well-trained administrative and technical consultant and computer trainer. She teaches email and social media marketing, as well as beginner, intermediate and advanced computer classes. As a consultant, Romona provides administrative support services, software training, administrative support training and remote technical support to small and home-based businesses, consultants and administrative professionals..