Twitter 101: How to Get Started
Learn how to start tweeting!
Are you curious to know what it means to tweet? Do you wonder how it is possible to get your message across in 140 characters or less? Not sure how to get started on Twitter? This social media class is for you!
Instructor: R. Foster (see brief description of credentials below)
Computer Lab, Room 311
We'll start from the beginning and discuss:
- How to get started on Twitter
- Twittiquette (etiquette for a world where you communication in 140 characters or less)
- How to use Twitter to broadcast your message
- How to compose a Tweet
- What to do once you're up and running on Twitter
At the end of this two-hour workshop you will:
- Have your own Twitter handle
- Have created a Twitter profile
- Know how to follow people and organizations of interest
- Know how to make your content public or private
- Understand language that is unique to Twitter
- Be able to share content by Tweeting
- Start having fun with Twitter
- Basic computer navigational skills and Internet knowledge are required
- An active email address (please know your password)
- Optional: Please bring your personal photo, background images and/or other photos on a USB flash drive.
This workshop is presented by Romona Foster, an administrative and technical consultant specializing in social media marketing, email marketing, and computer/software training. She is responsible for building and managing social media profiles (Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter) and creating email marketing campaigns for a number of small businesses, nonprofits and entrepreneurs. In addition, she trains groups and individuals in social media marketing, email marketing and Microsoft Office. She is knowledgeable in and constantly called upon to provide information and resources (how-to's) on a number of subjects that relate to internet marketing, social media marketing, administrative processes and technology.