Weekly Black History Trivia
Published on Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 11:25am
Check out the library to find the answers.
1. The first African-American elected Mayor of Los Angeles in 1973.
2. The first American-American to be on a U.S. postage stamp.
3. She was the first African-American woman to publish a book of poems on various subjects, religion and moral.
4. He was the first African-American to serve in the United States Senate.
5. She was the first African-American woman in the United States to receive a pilot's license.
6. Who was the first African-American woman to graduate with a diploma in nursing in 1879.
7. What was the first all black religious denomination in the United States?
8. Who was the first African-American car manufacturer in 1916?
9. What was the first Black-owned company to be traded on the New York Stock Exchange?
10. The 44th President of the United States and the first African-American to obtain this office.
11. The first American woman to win three gold medals in one Olympics.
12. Who was the first African-American to win an Academy Award?
13. In 1956, she became the first African-American to win a major tennis title.
14. He is credited with helping to launch the personal computer age.
15. The first African- American gymnast in Olympic history to win gold medals in both the individual and team all around competitions.