Learn to use the basic features of Web-based email and the significant function of attaching a document, such as your résumé, to your email transmission. The job search process requires that you have an established email account. Seats will be filled on a first-come, space-available basis.
Instructor: D. P. Grogan
Computer Lab, Room 311
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well, and the skills acquired in PC Basics, Word I Basics and Web I Basics.
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the basic feature and elements of a Web-based email environment.
- Read, send, forward and reply to email messages.
- Apply formatting features to email transmissions.
- Attach documents and graphics to an email transmission.
- Activate email options, e.g. signature, vacation responses and more.
- Create folders and insert email addresses into an address book.
- Search online email address resources.
- Use appropriate email etiquette.
- Identify email abuse.
Bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your email account.