Read With Me for Ages Birth to Five
As your child's first and most important teacher, it's never to early to put your child on a path to success. The best way to do this is to sing, talk and read to your child starting at birth.
"Read With Me" is a specially designed summer reading program for children birth to five years old with their parent or care giver.
Win prizes while fostering a love of reading with your child.
Visit your library to sign up and get a game board filled with lots of fun activities that will help your child get ready to learn to read. You'll get a prize just for signing up.
How to Play
- Complete four activities on the reading log to win a free kids meal at Chipotle -- kids under two win a rubber duckie.
- Complete eight activities to finish the program and win a free book.
- Upon completion, you will be entered into a raffle for a basket of books, a "first library" for your child and a one-year family membership to the National Children's Museum.
The Library has lots of helpful resources for parents of babies and young children.
- Watch a kid's video book
- Check out the Library's collection of audiobooks
- Attend a story time at the Library
- Enjoy special performances for young children
- Find leveled reading lists
Check back here frequently for updates on programs, suggested books and literacy tips for families with young children.