Read With Me
DC Public Library offers a specially designed summer reading program for children birth to five years old with their parent or care giver.
Win prizes while fostering a love of reading with your child.
Visit your library to sign up and receive a game board filled with fun activities that will help your child get ready to learn to read.
How to Play
- Complete four activities on the reading log to win a free kids meal at Chipotle -- kids under two win a rubber duckie (while supplies last).
- Complete eight activities to finish the program and win a free book.
- Upon completion, you will be entered into a raffle for a basket of books, a "first library" for your child.
The Library has lots of helpful resources for parents of babies and young children.
- Watch a kid's video book
- Check out the Library's collection of audiobooks
- Attend a story time at the Library
- Enjoy special performances for young children
- Find leveled reading lists
Check our calendar for fun events at the library all summer.