Excel I Basics
Learn the basic features of the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet environment that are frequently used for calculation and data entry functions in the workplace. Seats will be filled on a first-come, space-available basis.
Instructor: P. McFadden
Computer Lab, Room 311
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well, and the skills acquired in PC Basics and Word I Basics.
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the basic features and elements of the Microsoft Excel window.
- Build a simple budget spreadsheet, using data entry and cell navigation skills.
- Format and edit spreadsheet data, using common and unique formatting features.
- Create simple formulas.
- Use the AutoSum feature.
- Explore the Insert Function feature for all other mathematical operations available in Excel.
- Engage the Chart Gallery to create a chart based on the simple budget database created in class.
Please bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your email account.