Want to discover who’s in your family tree? Come and explore the wealth of online genealogical resources and tools that will empower your search for your family’s roots.
Instructors: K. Despertt and S. Childs
Computer Lab, Room 311
• The ability to read and comprehend English well
• Basic computer and Web navigational skills
Objectives: Learn to locate and use the following online genealogical resources to conduct a meaningful search into your family’s history:
• HeritageQuest Database
• The Washington Post – Current and Historic Databases
• Historical Baltimore Afro-American Newspaper Databases
• Social Media Genealogical Tools and Resources
Sample searches will be conducted to highlight the features and advantages of each online genealogical resource.