Zinio Digital Magazines Available for Download!
Published on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 10:06am
Tired of waiting for your favorite magazines to be available for checkout? Want to find back issues not available at the library? Want to do both of these things at your convenience? Then try Zinio Digital Magazines today!
Zinio Ditigal Magazines is an online catalog consisting of thousands of magazines- and can be available to download on your computer, tablet, or smart phone! To set up your Zinio account, follow these steps:
1. Create a Library Zinio account.
- Go to the DC Public Library Zinio site.
- Click the Create Account! button. Enter your DC Public Library card number and click Validate.
- Enter a valid email address and password. Your Name is optional.
- Click Create Account.
- You will receive a confirmation notice in your email inbox. Open this email within 24 hours, click on the link to confirm - then login.
2. Choose the magazines you want to read from the Library's Zinio Magazine Collection.
- A list of available magazines will display.
- Click on the cover of a magazine to choose a title you want to read.
3. Create a separate Zinio.com account.
- Note: You should use the same email address and password as the Library Zinio account.
- Click Continue. You’ll be asked to review a Zinio personal preferences form; either skip or submit.
4. Start reading!
- Once logged in at Zinio.com, go to My Library and click on a title to start reading your selected magazines.
Optional: Install a free Zinio Reader App on your computer or mobile device.
Note: Some titles, such as Bloomberg Business Week, cannot be read on a computer in the browser, only from a Zinio Reader app.