Back To School
Published on Thursday, August 8, 2013 - 6:46pm
It's almost time to go back to school! If you're not exactly ready, maybe these tips and resources will help you get there!
School Family, About.com, and Wikihow.com present the following tips and more when getting ready for back to school.
- Stay Positive...remind your kids about all of the fun and helpful things that they can get out of school. Time for friends, opportunity to learn something cool and new, plus back to school shopping!
- Start getting back into school-time routines now instead of later. That way, when forced to get up early for school, it won't come as such a shock to your system. This tip applies to both parents and adults. One special idea might be to have a morning checklist (if you have more than one child) and whoever completes their morning tasks first gets to take a special treat to school in their lunch.
- Start fun new early morning routines or after school routines. This will make your kids appreciate school even when they are away from it.
- Let teachers or school officials know in advance if your child has educational or social needs that teachers should be made aware of prior to the start of school.
- If you know your child's upcoming schedule, try having them eat at corresponding times so that they will not be unnecessarily hungry during times when they will be learning.
- Get your school supplies in order for the year. Go early to get the best of everything. Make sure kids have a backpack that can support their curricular needs.
- Make sure your child is aware of bus etiquette and safety in general so that they can take care of themselves while going to and from school. If possible, have them learn their phone number and address.
Also, come to the library and pick up some fun reads about going to school, whether or not your child is a first-timer or a seasoned school veteran, these are some titles that will get them in a good mind frame for back to school.