Web II Intermediate
Review the basic and advanced Google search tools, techniques and features, e.g. Google Images, Google Maps & StreetView, Google Alerts, etc. Learn to use Boolean search terms and various punctuations and characters to refine your search results. Explore two social and professional networking sites: Meetup.com and LinkedIn.com.
Instructor: N. Shiner
Computer Lab, Room 311
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well, and the skills acquired in PC Basics and Word I Basics.
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the advanced elements and features of the Google search engine.
- Conduct searches using Boolean search terms.
- Modify your search strategy with various punctuations.
- Explore Meetup.com and LinkedIn.com for their advantages as social and professional networking sites.
- Copy and paste Web text and graphics to a Word document.
Bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your email account.