Johnny Appleseed: a Tall Tale
Published on Thursday, September 5, 2013 - 3:01pm
John Chapman, better known as Johnny Appleseed, was a legendary folk and wilderness hero.
He was born in Massachusetts during the Revolutionary War. During his vast travels, Johnny planted and established orchards throughout the American Midwest.
John Chapman has been featured in numerous children's books, movies and stories.
Join us on Apples Saturday -- Saturday, Oct. 5 at 12 p.m. -- to celebrate Johnny Appleseed's Birthday!
- Crafts good enough to eat
To explore the many adventures of John "Appleseed" Chapman, check out these books:
- Seed by Seed: The Legend and Legacy of Johnny "Appleseed" Chapman by Esme Raji Codell
- John Chapman: The Man Who was Johnny Appleseed by Carol Greene
- Johnny Appleseed: The Story of a Legend by Will Moses
- Johnny Appleseed by Rosemary Benet
- The True Tale of Johnny Appleseed by Margaret Hodges
- Johnny Appleseed: The Legend and the Truth by Jane Yolen
For more titles, check out catalog.dclibrary.org.