5th Annual Moving Forward Together Secondary Transition Community Fair & Forum
Published on Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 5:03pm
This event, on Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26, is for:
- youths and young adults with disabilities (middle & high school)
- community organizations.
All are invited to learn about transition into employment, education, and independence at this two-day event.
On Friday, Oct. 25 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., all D.C. schools are invited, from DCPS to charter schools to non-public schools. Activities include:
- Motivational Speaker: Lamont Carey (lamontcarey.com)
- Interactive Scavenger Hunt with Exhibitors
- Self-advocacy & Transition Workshop led by Youth
- Self-expression Workshop led by Lamont Carey. Limited availability.
Schools, please register online to bring your students to the Friday, Oct. 25 Fair at: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e7vvpkmb4b15aca6&llr=7r5atidab
On Saturday, Oct. 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., youth and young adults with disabilities, parents/caregivers, educators, professionals, and community members are invited to participate. Activities include:
- Interactive Youth Program with Lamont Carey
- Local Resources & Success Stories
- Networking & Community Building
- Door Prizes for Youth
Please register online to participate in the Saturday, Oct. 26 Community Forum at:
Please register online to exhibit on Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26 at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e7qritle6517e90e&llr=7r5atidab.