New Year's Resolution Help
Published on Friday, December 27, 2013 - 9:22am
It’s that time of year when many of us make New Year’s Resolutions. The two most popular resolutions are to be healthier – whether that is to lose weight, eat better, exercise more, or some combination – and to be smarter with money.
If your resolution is about health or finance, look no further than your DC Public Library for help in keeping your resolution! DC Public Library provides access to online classes, magazine subscriptions and books on both topics.
- Check out some of the magazines from Zinio under the Downloadable Media section. Health, fitness, and food magazines are all available for free and once you download them to your account, they are yours forever. Available titles include: Runner’s World, Natural Health, Shape, Women’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Men’s Health, Eating Light, Eating Well and many more.
- Try a Universal Class. DC Public Library offers free lifelong learning classes in a large variety of subjects through Universal Class. Classes of interest include Lifetime Wellness 101, Nutrition 101 and 201, Weight Loss Management and more.
- As always, the library has books on every subject and getting healthy is no exception! Check out titles such as Complete Guide to Fitness and Health, The Very Best Recipes for Health, Perfect Health: The Complete Mind/Body Guide, Eat to Live Cookbook, and many, many more.
- Universal Class offers several classes for those seeking to learn more about their financial well-being, including Budget and Saving 101, Personal Finance 101, Estate Planning, Investing 101, and Retirement Planning.
- Zinio is also an excellent source for magazines on finance. Try Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, ShopSmart and Forbes.
- Finance is a huge topic in books. Check out Personal Finance for Dummies, Money Girl’s Smart Moves to Grow Rich, The Real Cost of Living, 7 Money Rules for Life, Work Less, Live More, The Unofficial Guide to Investing, The Rookie’s Guide to Money Management, Thrifty Living, Retire Worry Free and more.