Children's Events in February
Published on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 3:31pm
During the month of February, Rosedale is excited to share multiple special events and movie nights, and to introduce the Reel Reading Book Club!
Beginning Monday, Feb. 3 and ending on Saturday, Feb. 22, we will have Black History Mystery Month, in which thematic books and signage will be displayed with facts, trivia quizzes and activity pages. Students may be able to win a prize for participating!
Saturday, Monday Feb. 8 at 2 p.m.: Valentine’s Movies and Crafts - Children can enjoy short films of One Zillion Valentines and Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown, and then make Valentine’s Day card crafts for friends and family.
- Monday, Feb. 10 at 10:30 a.m.: Instrument Petting Zoo - Hands-on fun with instruments! Children (and their parents) have the chance to get up close and personal with the orchestral instruments they see professionally played on stage. The musical instrument “petting zoo” is a project of the Women’s Committee for the National Symphony Orchestra.
- Tuesday, Feb. 11 at 4:30 p.m.: Valentine’s Movies and Crafts - Children can enjoy short films of One Zillion Valentines and Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown and then make Valentine’s Day card crafts for friends and family.
- Monday, Feb. 10 at 4 p.m.: More Mo Please! - A special occasion for our young Mo Willems fans! We’ll celebrate Mo Willems’ birthday by reading books and enjoying activities featuring Elephant and Piggie, Pigeon, Cat the Cat and all that!
- Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 4:30pm: The Presidents’ Games - Fun and Games Night! Enjoy some President and Washington DC themed group games, board games and challenges.
- Saturday, Feb. 22 at 10:30 a.m.: Family Story Time - Stories, songs and poems for families with children ages 7 and under.
- Sunday, Feb. 23 at 2 p.m.: A Mo Willems Sunday - In a weekend celebration of Mo Willems's birthday, children can enjoy a special Mo Willems storytime and four short films about his books, including Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale.
- Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 4:30 p.m.: Reel Reading Book Club - Join Rosedale's Reel Reading Book Club! Children read the chosen book and then on the last Tuesday of each month watch the movie that it was based on and discuss the book and movie! (For February the chosen book is Cressida Cowell's How to Train Your Dragon, which inspired the movie by the same name.)