Once Upon A Time...
Published on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 9:05am
Every child should experience being royalty at least once in his/her lifetime. The Youth Services team would like to offer an opportunity for children to be crowned princes and princesses for a day. All of our local princes and princesses in-training are cordially invited to attend our royal affair.
On March 15 at 2 p.m., the Children's Room at Martin Luther King Jr. Library will host royal stories, crown decorating, a crowning ceremony, and prince and princess training!
*Don't forget to come dressed in your favorite prince or princess costume.
If you are an everyday princess or prince, you might enjoy one of these books:
- Princess Baby by Karen Katz
- Prince Cinders by Babette Cole
- Princess Smartypants by Babette Cole
- Princess Picky by Marjorie Priceman
- Princess Grace by Mary Hoffman
- Princess Crafts by Elizabeth Ingrid Hauser
- The Very Fairy Princess by Julie Andrews
Please feel free to contact the Youth Services Department with any questions at 202-727-1248.