Black History Month Film
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 1:00pm
This film is about a group of men who traveled from Los Angeles to Washington, D. C. in a charter bus to participate in the Million Man March in 1995.
The story is told through George (Charles S. Dutton) who organized the trip. Personalities clash:
- Evan Thomas (Thomas Jefferson Byrd), a truck driver who travels to the march with his son (De'Aundre Bonds) chained to his belt by court order after his son was arrested for petty theft;
- Kyle (Isaiah Washington) and his gay lover Randall (Harry Lennix);
- Gary (Roger Guenveur Smith) who is biracial, looks white but sees himself as black and who is also a cop;
- Flip (Andre Braugher) is an actor who seems more concerned with getting his next film role than the larger issues of the march;
- Jamal (Gabriel Casseus) a young Muslim trying to lead a righteous life to make up for his violent past as a gang member.