Andy Warhol's Art for Kids
Published on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 9:22am
Every Friday, the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library Children's Room hosts a STEAM Team program for children aged 6-12 at 4 p.m. STEAM is a framework for learning based on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
This week, we will be focusing on STEAM's Art component by learning about the famous American artist Andy Warhol, known for his bright and colorful Pop Art. We will start by viewing a short film about Andy Warhol from Mike Venezia's Getting to the World's Greatest Artists series. Afterwards, participants will get the chance to create their own art project in the style of Andy Warhol's Pop Art. All you need to bring is your creativity!
So please join us on Friday, Feb. 21 at 4 p.m. in the Children's Room (Room 200).
No registration is required. Please call us at 202-727-1248 if you have any questions!
Interested in more art books for kids? Here are some of our favorites:
- Animals: A First Art Book by Lucy Micklethwait
- Cave Paintings to Picasso by Henry M. Sayre
- Express Yourself! by Joyce Raimondo
- An Eye for Art by the National Gallery of Art
- Get Into Art: Animals by Susie Brooks
- At the Time of Warhol by Antony Mason
- Uncle Andy's Cats by James Warhola
- Van Gogh and the Post-Impressionists for Kids by Carol Sabbeth
Place a title on hold today using our online catalog, or visit us in the Children's Room for more book recommendations!