Job Hunting with Social Media
Published on Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 3:03pm
Image by Yoel Ben-Avaraham / Flickr
What do sites like Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn have in common? As forms of social media, both job seekers and employers are using technology such as this more and more. If you have ever been hesitant to join an online site but are interested to learn, then this workshop is for you!
In this program, we will explore the following topics:
- Review popular online sites for job searching and the benefits of this approach
- Discover how to join an online site such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
- Understand how to create an “online profile” to market to potential employers
- Review what behaviors you can avoid in order to not impact your image
- Learn about the databases available through DC Library that will help with a job search
The year is already underway – don’t miss out on this opportunity to brush up on your technology skills. Employers and colleagues alike will be impressed by your new found confidence in social media applications. So drop by and check us out!
In the meantime, look for these for these great titles:
- The Rough Guide to Social Media for Beginners: Getting Started with Facebook, Twitter and Google+ by Sean Mahoney
- Social Boom!: How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself... by Jeffrey H. Gitomer
- Find a Job Through Social Networking: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, and More to Advance Your Career by Diane Crompton and Ellen Sautter
- How to Find a Job on LinkedIn, Facebook, MySpace, and other Social Networks by Brad and Debra Schepp