Social Media Marketing Made Simple (Registration Required)
"Social Media Marketing Made Simple" is sponsored in partnership with Constant Contact, Inc. and is a two-hour workshop that will cover some of the strategies and best practices to get the most out of your social media activities - including time management and measuring the return of your activities.
Registration is limited to 36 participants and workstations will be assigned to registered participants first. Walk-in participants are welcome and all participants can feel free to bring their tablets or laptops.
Instructor: R. Foster (see brief description of credentials below)
Computer Lab, Room 311
We will discuss and you will learn:
- What social media marketing really is
- How to incorporate social media marketing into your business operations without losing productivity; and
- Real-life examples of how other businesses & organizations (from one-person shops to larger organizations) are using these low-cost tools to gain visibility, develop relationships and drive engagement, sales and bottom-line results.
- Essential elements of transforming new prospects into repeat, passionate customers, members, volunteers and referral generators who, in turn, help you grow your business using the power of social media marketing.
- How to extend your online marketing reach with endorsements from friends, fans & followers who share their experience with your business or organization
- The various social media outlets that are available, how they interact, ways to leverage their inherent strengths, and tools to evaluate them for best use for your business or organization
Romona Foster is a social media trainer and consultant. She trains groups and individuals on how to use LinkedIn, how to market on Facebook, all about Twitter, Email Marketing, Pinterest, Google +, and Microsoft Office. She has conducted workshops for several organizations including “Discover the Power of Twitter Tweet-A-Thon Style” for Social Media Week 2013, Washington, DC and “Leveraging the Power of LinkedIn: Personal Branding for Sales Professionals” for the National Sales Network DC-Baltimore chapter. Romona has also served as a guest panelist for the Maryland Hispanic Business Conference 2013 “Reach & Sell to the Hispanic Market” and National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA), Inc. Washington DC Chapter’s 2012 Pre-Conference Career Expo: “Using Social Media Networking to Advance Your Career” and “Branding: What Sets You Apart From Other Job Seekers?”. She has been featured on WEAA 88.9 FM’s Briefcase Workshop Radio program and has recorded five radio promos on Clear Channel Media + Entertainment’s WASH-FM (97.1) for Constant Contact. Romona is a Constant Contact Authorized Local Expert, certified Social Media Marketing Presenter, Email Marketing Trainer, and an accredited Constant Contact Solution Provider; and a two-time recipient of the Constant Contact ALL STAR Award (2012 & 2013).