Job Workshops & Support Group
Published on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 - 9:06am
Joe Ryan is the managing principal of CareerMentor.us. He has extensive experience in the private, not-for-profit, and public sector markets. His expertise includes career management and transition, executive development and coaching, executive search and human resources development.
Mr. Ryan will teach free Job Search Skills-Building Workshops this spring. Also, Joe will facilitate a support group for those on the job market. Each workshop and support group will meet for two hours. Participation in the support group is strongly encouraged because it provides an opportunity for networking.
Please contact email@example.com to register.
All classes and support groups meet in the lower-level of the Georgetown Neighborhood Library 7-9 p.m. Please bring a current CV or résumé.
The workshops will meet on Wednesdays and cover seven topics. The support group meets on Thursdays (see below).
Job Search Skills-Building Workshops (Wednesdays)
- Self-Assessment, April 23
- Developing Your Job Search Marketing Plan, May 7
- Résumé, Cover Letter and Correspondence Development, May 14
- Ways People Find Work, May 28
- Using LinkedIn in Your Job Search, June 4
- Interviewing and Negotiating, June 18
- Applying for Jobs in the Federal Government, June 25
Support Group (Thursdays)
- April 24
- May 1
- May 8
- May 15
- May 29
- June 5
- June 19
- June 26