Sewing 101: Learning the Basics
Published on Thursday, April 3, 2014 - 10:53am
Never underestimate the power of fabric and thread - creative ingenuity is the motto for the day!
Sewing 101 is intended for those who have never sewed but would like to learn. After all, who hasn't had a hem fall down or a button fall off? But if your tired of duct tape as a solution, then join us for this program. In this simple course, you can learn to sew with ease, as you develop the following skills:
- How to thread a needle
- How to sew a straight using a running stitch or a back stitch
- How to read pattern directions
- How to cut out a pattern and piece the the item together
- If time permits, we will also cover related skills, such as sewing on a button or fixing a hem
For teens and adults.
Don't forget these great crafty titles:
- The Sewing Book by Alison Smith
- Getting Started: Sewing by Hilary Mandleberg
- Sewing Basics by Wendy Gardiner
- The Complete Photo Guide to Sewing: 1200 full color how to photos by the Singer Sewing Machine Company