Featured: a Reading Group
Published on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 9:43am
For our very first Featured meeting we’ll be looking at 3-D printing and copyright and patent issues.
We’ll talk patent and copyright law, the amazingness of 3-D printing and all it’s potential, and explore how the little robots have created major headaches for creators and legal teams.
1. “The Copyright Wars Go 3-D” by Joshua E. Keating, Foreign Policy, Issue 197
Available through Social Sciences in Full Text in DCPL’s Database Collection
2. “Copyright: An Overview” Copyright Infringement, 2009
Available through Opposing Viewpoints in Context in DCPL’s Database Collection
3. “What Hookahs Can Teach Us About 3D Printing and Copyright” by Michael Weinberg
Available on Slate/Future Tense
4. “Modular Phones Are a Brilliant Idea. It’s Too Bad We May Never Have Them.” By Colin Lecher
Available in Popular Science, March 2014 in print at MLK Room 209 or digitally through DCPL/Zinio Digital Magazines*
5. “3D Printers Are Now Saving Lives” by Joel Hruska
Available in PC World, April 2014 in print at MLK Room 209 or digitally through DCPL/Zinio Digital Magazines*