Introducing the Zombie Book Club
Published on Monday, May 19, 2014 - 5:13pm
Please observe the following questions - do you answer yes to more than one of the following statements?
1. Regularly use slang, terminology, etc. from Zombiepedia
2. Know that Night of the Living Dead is the genesis for awesome films such as Shaun of the Dead or 28 Days Later
3. Find that statements such as "it's all good fun until someone loses an eye" take on a whole other meaning
4. Have participated in a zombie walk, Halloween event (dressed as a zombie of course) or just dressed up as the undead for your own general amusement
5. Checked out the CDC website in order to prepare for the zombie apocalypse
6. Know that Jane Austin did not write Pride and Prejudice and Zombies but still have it read it anyway
7. Identify with a character or regularly participate in conversations about The Walking Dead
8. Know of and have possibly read serious literary authors who written on zombies - For example did you know that Zora Neale Hurston wrote about zombies in her work Tell My Horse: Voodoo and Life in Haiti and Jamaica?
9. Have built your own zombie outbreak survival kit
10. Find that when you make the mistake of groaning out loud, shuffle a bit, or otherwise zone out that people give you a funny look?
If you have answered "Yes" to more than one of the aforementioned statements, then I'm afraid it's serious. You have all the the tell tale signs of being a zombie fan. So why not come and share your passion with us for our first meeting of the zombie book club? Pick up one of our selections or bring a favorite book to discuss. You're dead meat if you miss it! Come to our first meeting on May 29, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. For teens and adults.