Family Fun Time: Pajama Day
Published on Monday, June 30, 2014 - 11:01am
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library's Children's Department hosted a pajama party on Saturday, June 21 as part of its Family Fun Time series, a weekly event that incorporates storytime with activities and crafts.
A group of eager, pajama-clad little ones joined us for lots of pajama stories (like these):
After the storytime, we decorated some cut-out paper pajamas and nightgowns with glitter, markers, and all kinds of craft supplies like patterned and textured paper, buttons, and crayons.
The most fun part, besides making a mess, was talking about our favorite types of pajamas (flannel, footy, and ones with superheros and cartoon characters) and what we like doing in them: reading, playing games, or snuggling with our pets.
Feel like jamming to some beats about PJs?
- Read along with Sandra Boynton's Pajama Time
- Sing along with The Pyjama Song
- Dance along with Nancy Stewart's Dancing Pajamas
Missed Pajama Day and feel like curling up at bedtime to a good book or two? Try these:
- Llama, Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
- Pajama Day by Lynn Plourde
- Pajamas Anytime by Marsha Hayles
- Piggies in Pajamas by Michelle Meadows
- Timothy and the Strong Pajamas: A Superhero Adventure by Viviane Schwarz
- What You Never Knew About Beds, Bedrooms, and Pajamas by Patricia Lauber
Join the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Library each Saturdayat 2 p.m. for Family Fun Time - and a different theme each week! Open to all ages; no registration required.