Twitter 101: How To Get Started (Registration Required)
Are you curious to know what it means to tweet? Do you wonder how it is possible to get your message across in 140 characters or less? Not sure how to get started on Twitter? This social media class is for you! Come and learn how to start tweeting!
Instructor: R. Foster (see brief description of credentials below)
Computer Lab, Room 311
We'll start from the beginning and discuss:
- How to get started on Twitter
- Twittiquette (etiquette for a world where you communication in 140 characters or less)
- How to use Twitter to broadcast your message
- How to compose a Tweet
- What to do once you're up and running on Twitter
At the end of this two-hour workshop you will:
- Have your own Twitter handle
- Have created a Twitter profile
- Know how to follow people and organizations of interest
- Know how to make your content public or private
- Understand language that is unique to Twitter
- Be able to share content by Tweeting
- Start having fun with Twitter
- Basic computer navigational skills and Internet knowledge are required
- An active email address (please know your password)
- Optional: Please bring your personal photo, background images and/or other photos on a USB flash drive.
Romona Foster is a social media trainer and consultant. She trains groups and individuals on how to use LinkedIn, how to market on Facebook, all about Twitter, Email Marketing, Pinterest, Google +, and Microsoft Office. She has conducted workshops for several organizations including “Discover the Power of Twitter Tweet-A-Thon Style” for Social Media Week 2013, Washington, DC and “Leveraging the Power of LinkedIn: Personal Branding for Sales Professionals” for the National Sales Network DC-Baltimore chapter. Romona has also served as a guest panelist for the Maryland Hispanic Business Conference 2013 “Reach & Sell to the Hispanic Market” and National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA), Inc. Washington DC Chapter’s 2012 Pre-Conference Career Expo: “Using Social Media Networking to Advance Your Career” and “Branding: What Sets You Apart From Other Job Seekers?”. She has been featured on WEAA 88.9 FM’s Briefcase Workshop Radio program and has recorded five radio promos on Clear Channel Media + Entertainment’s WASH-FM (97.1) for Constant Contact. Romona is a Constant Contact Authorized Local Expert, certified Social Media Marketing Presenter, Email Marketing Trainer, and an accredited Constant Contact Solution Provider; and a two-time recipient of the Constant Contact ALL STAR Award (2012 & 2013).